After the event, IBS2021 lectures can be downloaded here.
The International Research Center “Coherent X-ray optics for Megascience facilities” Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University plans to hold the International Baltic School 2021: Advanced Science and Technologies with synchrotron radiation. The school will be held in Kaliningrad, a city located on the Baltic coast in Russia, from September 27 to October 1st, 2021.
The main goal of this school is preparing and motivating the new generation of users that will benefit from the emergent Megascience facilities and their advanced beamlines. Young scientists – participants of the school – will be shown cutting-edge research demonstrating the power of synchrotron technologies in materials science, concerning materials characterization and fabrication, with a focus on functional, biological, optical, and interfacial materials.
The format of the event will be mixed (online and offline). Video conferencing will be organized for online participants and lecturers using the Zoom platform.
The conference link is available under request by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no REGISTRATION FEE.
International Baltic School 2021: Advanced Science and Technologies with synchrotron radiation is organized with the support of the Russian Science Foundation.
- Prof. Vladimir Bushuev ( Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia)
- Prof. Alexander Korsunsky (Diamond; MBLEM, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, UK)
- Prof. Boris Chichkov (Institute of Quantum Optics, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany)
- Prof. Andrei Petukhov (Utrecht University, The Netherlands)
- Prof. Kristina Kvashnina (Rossendorf Beamline at the ESRF, France, Germany)
- Prof. Oleksandr Yefanov (CFEL, Germany)
- Prof. Victor Asadchikov (Institute of Crystallography RAS, Russia)
- Prof. Alexander Vul (Ioffe Institute RAS, Russia)
- Prof. Vasily Punegov (Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Komi RC UB RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Oleg Konovalov (ESRF, France)
- Dr. Yuriy Chushkin (ESRF, France)
- Dr. Andrey Shavorskiy (MAX IV, Sweden)
- Dr. Gleb Bourenkov (EMBL Hamburg c/o DESY, Germany)
- Dr. Irina Snigireva (ESRF, France)
- Dr. Nikita Marchenkov (NRC «Kurchatov Institute», Russia)
- Dr. Konstantin Zolotarev (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics of SB RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Sergey Rashchenko (Sobolev Institute of Geology and Mineralogy SB RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Sergey Suturin (Ioffe Institute RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Olga Moskalyuk (Saint Petersburg State University of Industrial Technologies and Design, Russia)
- Dr. Ivan Bataev (Novosibirsk State Technical University, Russia)
- Dr. Igor Schelokov (Institute of Microelectronics Technology and High Purity Materials of the RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Alexey Pestov (Institute for Physics of Microstructures, RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Yulia Maslova (P. N. Lebedev Physical Institute RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Tatiana Argunova (Ioffe Institute RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Vyacheslav Yunkin (Institute of Microelectronics Technology, RAS, Russia)
- Dr. Pavel Musienko (Institute of Translational Biomedicine, Saint-Petersburg State
- Dr. Sergey Kirichenko (St Petersburg University, Russia)
- Nikolay Milovzorov (TESCAN, Ltd. (CIS), Russia)
- Dr. Evgeny Chupachin (Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Russia)
The School Chair:
- Prof. Anatoly Snigirev (Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University)
- Dr. Maksim Korobenkov
- Mr. Sergey Shevyrtalov
- Ms. Nataly Klimova
- Ms. Yulia Berezovskaya
- Ms. Daria Ozerova
Contact person: Dr. Maksim Korobenkov
Participants are given free access to all School events, a bag with complete school materials, free coffee breaks, lunches, and school dinners.
Conference will take place according to Central European Time (CET; /UTC+2; /GMT+2)
To be announced.
The school will take place at the Tourist Hotel in Kaliningrad (Alexander Nevsky Str.53).